Whether for cellulite reduction, body detox, or inch loss, homemade body wraps have become very popular these days. Spas charge a considerable amount of money to perform a full body wrap, but they are simple to do at home for a fraction of the price.
And best of all-they work very well!
The body wrap ingredients in a homemade treatment are all-natural, and safe to use. Here is a list of some of the benefits of a homemade body wrap:
- Improves skin problems such as acne, psoriasis, eczema
- Tightens lose skin
- Stimulates blood circulation
- Decreases muscle and joint pain
- Detoxifies the body
- Aids with inch loss by mobilizing fat so that it can be naturally removed from the body
To perform an effective homemade body wrap treatment, you must use the right combination of high quality ingredients. No fancy equipment or supplies are needed other than a large pot, mixing bowl and body wrap bandages. You need to set aside about an hour and a half of your time to prepare and enjoy the treatment.
To maximize results, aim for at least one treatment each week for the first 1-2 months, and then a minimum of one treatment each month after that. This will help maintain a toxin free body and improve your health.
1. Choose a warm room in your home (usually the bathroom will suffice)
2. Exfoliate your skin with a dry brush to remove dead skin cells. You can also take a warm shower to further help open up the skin pores.
3. Boil approx. 1/2 gallon of distilled water in a pot. Remove from heat once boiling.
4. Mix in your selected ingredients, and allow to sit until it is not too hot to apply to the skin.
5. Prepare your body wrap bandages by dipping them in the mixture, allowing the formula to soak-in.
6. Begin to wrap your body starting from your ankles, working upwards towards your neck.
7. Once all wrapping bandages are applied, put a sauna suit or bathrobe on to maintain heat and promote sweating.
8. At this point you can either relax in your bathtub (no water), or perform light exercise to promote sweating and increase circulation.
9. After 45-60 min, remove wrapping bandages and take a room temperature bath or shower to remove formula.
10. After shower, apply moisturizing cream.
And that about sums it up in 10 simple steps! Here are a few more tips below…
- Remember, body wraps work by infusing minerals through the skin and by breaking down fat cells for elimination. In order to get rid of the fat, the body needs plenty of water to help “flush” it out of the system. Drink water, and lots of it each day.
- It’s always a good idea to stay hydrated during your body wrap treatment, so keep a glass of water near-by.
- Take a hot bath on the second or third day after your treatment to help open the pores and release accumulated toxins from the skin.
- If inch loss is your goal, take body measurements before and after your treatment so that you can track your results.
- Regular exercise and a sensible diet will help naturally decrease body fat and reduce body toxins. Try to avoid smoking, alcohol and any sugar or refined wheat products.
Thinking of doing a home wrap? Check out some ready-made body wrap kits that include formulas as well as supplies and detailed instructions needed for a successful wrap experience at your very own home. You could also learn to mix and match your own ingredients through body wrap recipes in my book Wrap Yourself Slim – Body Wraps Exposed.
As always, feel free to send me an email or leave a comment below if you have any questions!