Do you want to strip away inches, nourish your skin, and detoxify your body without taking a trip to the spa? If this sounds good to you then you must try a homemade body wrap!
Over the last ten years I’ve learned that homemade body wraps can be even more effective than spa body wraps if you have any of the following goals:
- Tightening loose skin
- Hydrating and nourishing your skin
- Cellulite reduction
- Body inch loss
- Body detoxification
The key to achieving outstanding results is using the right techniques in combination with the right ingredients.
I’ll be the first to admit that there is a bit of a learning curve when it comes to performing homemade body wraps on yourself. Back in early 2000 when I performed my first homemade body wrap I wasn’t completely sure what I was doing, so it was an interesting experience to say the least!
You see, back then homemade body wraps were a relatively new thing and there really were no body wrap information or pre-made body wrap kits out there, so I had to experiment with different recipes and techniques to find out what actually worked.
So that’s what I did…
I wrote an ebook that has all of the techniques and recipes that I have discovered over the years. The book is called “Wrap Yourself Slim: Body Wraps Exposed“, and you can download it here.
What I have learned about homemade body wraps
I learned a lot of things about homemade body wraps while I experimented over the years. Here are a few of the most important things that I’ve learned through personal experience:
1. The importance of ingredients – Not only is it crucial that you use high quality organic ingredients in your wrap, but using the right combination of ingredients for your goals is a key to success. You may have found some generic body wrap formulas, but what you have to understand is that your specific goals require certain ingredients in order to work properly.
2. Most pre-made body wraps kits are a waste of money – If you read the ingredients in some of the most popular pre-made body wrap kits (like the Hollywood Detox Body Wrap), you’ll notice that most of the ingredients are synthetic – not the type of substances you want to be using on your skin!There are pre-made body wrap kits that are an exception however such as our home wrap kits.
3. Exfoliate your skin prior to a wrap – It’s important that you open the skin pores before performing your home body wrap. This ensures that the formula you apply to your skin prior to wrapping is absorbed down to the deepest layer of the skin. I always brush my skin, and apply a pre-wrap lotion to my body to ensure I get the most out of each wrapping session.
4. Exercise & Diet - In order to get the most out of your homemade body wraps, a healthy lifestyle is a necessity. Your body needs to be working efficiently from the inside, and your circulatory system must be in top form. Eating a clean diet, exercising regularly and performing two weekly body wraps is a lethal combination that will help you lose weight and feel great.
5. Be consistent – Like most things in life, in order to achieve results you need to be consistent. Even if you are happy with the results you achieve after your first homemade wrap, don’t stop there! You can maximize your results by performing at least one or two wraps weekly.
I hope these homemade body wrap tips help you achieve your goals! If you are still unsure where to start, then I suggest you consider one of the following two options:
- Make your own recipe: Buy body wrapping supplies and make your own body wrap recipes at home. All you need is the wrapping material, and some ingredients that can be ordered online. I outline the entire home body wrapping procedure, and have all of the recipes you would ever need in my “Wrap Yourself Slim” ebook.
- Use a home body wrap kit – Home body wrap kits will cost you more per wrap than if you make your own formulas, but they are great if you don’t want to “get your hads dirty” mixing the ingredients. If you choose to go this route, use one of these premade body wrap kits.