If you are trying to figure out how to lose body weight, read this article carefully! I’d say that 90% of the people that try to lose body weight take the wrong approach – and if you take this route, it will cost you unnecessary time, money and stress. Simply by educating yourself before beginning your weight loss plan, the odds for success turn to your favor!
The good & bad news about how to lose body weight
The good news is that losing significant amounts of body weight can be relatively easy – if you go about it in the right manner. The bad news is that once you’ve lost the body weight, the hardest challenge may still lie ahead.
It seems as if the hardest part for most people isn’t losing the initial body weight, it’s keeping that body weight off! This is because most people forget that in order to keep the body weight off, it’s crucial to incorporate a complete lifestyle change. You can’t simply go on a diet, lose the body weight, and go back to eating poorly and living the same type of lifestyle that was responsible for your weight gain in the first place.
So with that being said, I am going to share some straight forward tips that will will help you lose weight and keep the extra pounds off.
Steps to Losing Body Weight
When it comes to body weight loss, I’ve found that taking a simple, straightforward approach works best. Let’s be honest… science doesn’t lie. By following simple scientifically proven methods you will lose weight.
Step #1 – Cardiovascular exercise & resistance training
Most people realize that more cardiovascular exercise is a must when it comes to losing body weight. Resistance training is often neglected however. You see, resistance training will help you preserve your lean body mass while you are on your diet.
Without resistance training your body will naturally lose some of this lean body mass, which will decrease the rate at which you burn calories-making losing body weight even more difficult.
Here are some simple exercise tips that will help you get started on a weight loss plan that works:
- Aim for at least four days of cardiovascular exercise, and two days of resistance exercise each week.
- Track all aspects of your exercise routine carefully.
- Start slow and gradually increase exercise volume and intensity over time to avoid over training.
- Get help from a personal trainer or expert before you begin your program!
Step #2 – A calorie restricted nutritious diet
Well this one may be a given, but it seems like lots of people do something wrong here. Not only do you have to eat a “clean” diet, but you also have to eat less calories than your body burns each day. For example, if your body burns approximately 2000 calories daily, you should eat around 1700 or 1800 calories each day in order to maximize fat loss.
If you don’t eat less calories than you burn each day, losing weight will literally be impossible!
Here are some more diet tips:
- Estimate your RMR (resting metabolic rate) and eat about 200-300 calories under that each day.
- Eat plenty of quality protein and limit simple carbohydrates from your diet.
- Don’t be afraid of fat-you need it in moderation. Aim for plant oils like olive, flax etc.
- Aim for 5-6 small meals each day versus three large meals. This will boost your metabolism.
- Track your diet carefully including the foods you eat, number of calories etc!
Step #3 – Weekly body wrap sessions
If you haven’t already figured it out, I am a big fan of body wraps. They have worked for me, my friends, and thousands of readers of my ebook. Simply put, body wraps combined with a healthy diet and exercise will dramatically accelerate weight loss.
Here are some helpful body wrap tips:
- Aim for two weight loss body wraps each week.
- Experiment with your recipes for best results.
- Use clays as well as herbal ingredients like green tea and echinacha.
I recommend home body wraps versus spa body wraps because they are so much cheaper and they allow you to customize the ingredients of the wrapping formula.
If you have never performed an at home body wrap, you can learn more by Clicking Here to download my ebook: “Wrap Yourself Slim: Body Wraps Exposed”.
Tell us a little bout your experience losing body weight. Have you ever been on a weight loss regimen before? What are your weight loss goals?