Are you ready to say goodbye to your rough, dry skin once and for all? In this article I’m going to share some very effective tips that will make your skin soft!
Those of us who were born with non-oily skin often suffer from dry, rough skin especially during the winter months. Even if you have oily skin, being exposed to cold weather and wind can quickly dehydrate your skin and cause it to look and feel rough.
Fortunately, there are a number of relatively easy steps you can take to keep your skin soft and smooth…
Top Ways to Make your Skin Soft
Here are five things you can do to keep your skin looking and feeling as soft and smooth as possible. Be sure that you follow these techniques consistently for best results!
- Moisturize – This is probably the most obvious method to keep your skin soft. It’s important to moisturize your skin once (preferably twice) daily. Make sure you always apply moisturizer after you step out of the bath or shower, since the water will quickly dehydrate your skin. Want to try something new? Make your own homeade skin cream…
- Use Bath Oil – Whenever you take a bath, be sure to add oil. Oil will help condition your dry skin and keep the moisture in.
- Drink Plenty of Water – The skin is easily affected by dehydration, which is why staying well hydrated is a simple way to make sure your body’s water levels do not become depleted.
- Exfoliate your Skin – Exfoliating helps remove dead skin cells and will keep your skin much smoother by reducing rough patches that develop over time. Be sure to exfoliate at least once a week. A dry brush is a simply way to exfoliate. Don’t forget to apply moisturizer after.
- Eat Omega 3 Fatty Acids – These beneficial oils found in certain plants and cold water fish species can be very beneficial to your skin. They actually help the skin cells hold more water and decrease the chance of them becoming dehydrated. The easiest way to consume Omega 3’s is to either take a supplement or consume fish such as salmon or trout at least once a week.
Tips to Maintaining Soft & Smooth Skin
Here are some tips that will help you maintain soft skin:
- Skin Softening body wraps are a great way to keep your skin smooth and moist.
- During the winter months, be sure to use a humidifier. The more your furnace runs, the dryer the air in your home will be. The humidity level should be around 50% for optimal skin.
- When outside, be sure to cover your skin as much as possible. Wind can damage the skin and will dry it out very quickly making it very rough.
- Take short baths or showers, and make sure that the water temperature is not too hot as this will quickly dry your skin out.
- After bathing, pat yourself dry instead of rubbing yourself with the towel.
I hope that these tips I’ve outlined help make your skin softer! If you would like to learn more about skin softening body wraps, please Click Here to download my ebook “Wrap Yourself Slim: Body Wraps Exposed”. I have some great skin softening body wrap recipes and techniques.